The family is the most basic unit of any society or nation. Without healthy, functioning families, a culture cannot survive.
God created marriage as the unity of one man and one woman. This has been both the legal and traditional understanding of a marriage – literally – for millennia, since Eden.
Sadly, many radical activist groups in the U.S. are attempting to twist the law to change the definition of marriage and the family to include same-sex "marriage," polygamy, polyamory, and other structures. These groups scoff at the idea that there is any fixed or known set of values or beliefs that is generally good for families or culture.
Alliance Defending Freedom has fought against numerous attacks on marriage and family values, including efforts to...
- Allow children unlimited access to pornography over the Internet in public libraries
- Allow those engaging in homosexual behavior to have preference to adopt children and be foster parents
- Allow those engaging in homosexual behavior to serve openly in the military
- Expose children to explicit sex education materials contrary to parental approval
- Deny parents the right to raise their children before God as they see fit
Alliance Defending Freedom provides case funding, strategy and coordination, attorney training, and litigation to oppose such attacks because...
- Weakening the family and undermining the values that support it will ultimately destroy our society and dramatically impact religious civil liberties.
- Weakening the family harms individuals, and especially children.