Norton v. Rocky Mountain Planned ParenthoodTo book an interview, click on the "Book an Interview" button on any page at ADFmedia.org.
Monday, April 17, 2017
Description: Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys representing the former executive director of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment filed suit in state court over the state’s alleged misuse of more than $14 million in taxpayer dollars. The lawsuit contends that the funding Colorado has provided to Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood violates a voter-approved state constitutional provision that prohibits direct or indirect public taxpayer subsidies for abortion.
Colorado decision continues disregard for amendment against abortion funding
Thursday, January 14, 2016
“American taxpayer money should go to fund local community health centers, not to subsidize a scandal-ridden, billion-dollar abortion business like Planned Parenthood. This couldn’t be more true for Coloradans, who adopted a state constitutional provision that expressly prohibits the direct or indirect funding of abortions. The lower court should not have dismissed this case on a technicality because even it agreed that $14 million of taxpayer funds flowed from state government agencies to Planned Parenthood and thus, presumptively, in violation of the voter-approved amendment. We had hoped the Court of Appeals would have recognized that, but since it did not, we are discussing the possibility of appeal.”
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building, non-profit legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith.
Additional resources: Norton v. Rocky Mountain Planned ParenthoodScroll down to view additional resources pertaining to this case and its surrounding issue.
Monday, April 17, 2017
Previous news releases:
- 2015-10-05: ADF to Colo. appeals court: End illegal funding of abortion
- 2015-02-13: ADF to Colo. appeals court: Stop illegal funding of abortion
- 2014-09-18: ADF appeals illegal funding of abortions with Colo. taxpayer dollars
- 2013-10-17: Colo. illegally funding abortions with taxpayer dollars
- Natalie Decker: Yes, Planned Parenthood should lose its federal funding (Denver Post, 2015-08-29)
- Natalie Decker: Planned Parenthood's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy victimizes children (Colorado Springs Gazette, 2015-05-31)
Legal documents, related news, and other related resources available in the right panel when this page is viewed at ADFmedia.org.