Whole Woman’s Health v. HellerstedtTo book an interview, click on the "Book an Interview" button on any page at ADFmedia.org.
Wednesday, March 02, 2016
Description: Abortionists in Texas filed suit against the state's women’s safety law known as House Bill 2. Most recently, they challenged a provision that requires abortion facilities to meet the same health and safety standards as ambulatory surgical centers, and a provision that requires abortionists to have admitting privileges at a local hospital in the event a woman must seek hospital care due to post-abortion complications.
ADF: No free pass for abortionists who won’t follow basic health, safety lawsADF attorneys available to media at US Supreme Court following oral arguments over Texas law designed to protect women
Tuesday, March 01, 2016
WASHINGTON – Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys will be available for media interviews Wednesday following oral arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court in Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt.
ADF filed a friend-of-the-court brief last month with the U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of five groups representing thousands of physicians and other medical professionals who support the women’s safety law at issue in the case, Texas House Bill 2.
- Pronunciation guide: Aden (A’-den), Kupec (CUE’-peck)
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building, non-profit legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith.
Additional resources: Whole Woman’s Health v. HellerstedtScroll down to view additional resources pertaining to this case and its surrounding issue.
Tuesday, March 01, 2016
Previous news releases:
- 2016-02-04: ADF to US Supreme Court: Abortionists shouldn’t get free pass to risk women’s health, safety
- 2015-11-13: US Supreme Court to weigh in on Texas law against cut-and-run abortionists
- 2015-06-09: 5th Circuit upholds Texas law against cut-and-run abortionists
- 2014-11-10: Pro-life groups, doctors ask 5th Circuit to uphold Texas law against cut-and-run abortionists
- Casey Mattox: 20,000 problems facing abortion advocates at the Supreme Court (Federalist, 2016-03-01)
- Kerri Kupec: Texas abortion case is women’s health ‘no-brainer’ (Daily Signal, 2016-03-01)
- Alison Howard: Even without Scalia, Supreme Court has ample reason to affirm law protecting women’s health (Townhall, 2016-02-23)
- Catherine Glenn Foster: A supreme opportunity to support women's health (Washington Examiner, 2016-02-11)
- Elissa Graves: I am the first lawyer in my family – and I did it all without needing abortion (The Hill, 2016-01-25)
Legal documents, related news, and other related resources available in the right panel when this page is viewed at ADFmedia.org.