Alliance Defending Freedom lawsuits challenging the abortion-pill mandateTo book an interview, click on the "Book an Interview" button on any page at ADFmedia.org.
Monday, December 08, 2014
The Obama administration's abortion pill mandate forces employers, regardless of their religious or moral convictions, to provide insurance coverage for abortion-inducing drugs, sterilization, and contraception under threat of heavy penalties by the Internal Revenue Service and other federal agencies if the mandate’s requirements aren’t met.
Scorecard: Abortion pill mandate losing 80-7 in court
Breakdown scores (wins against mandate - wins in favor of mandate):
- For-profit score: 46-1
- Non-profit score: 34-6
- ADF score: 21-1
General news releases:
- 2014-10-27: HHS mandate 'accommodation' for non-profits still inadequate
- 2014-08-22: ADF comment on HHS mandate ‘accommodation’
- 2014-01-02: 2013 a bad year for Obamacare abortion pill mandate
- 2013-06-28: Final rule on abortion pill mandate ends nothing
- Newland v. Sebelius: The Newland family runs Hercules Industries, an HVAC manufacturer.
- Briscoe v. Burwell: Stephen Briscoe owns several separate companies that operate senior independent living residences, assisted living centers, and skilled nursing facilities along with related businesses that manage such facilities.
- Armstrong v. Burwell: Former U.S. Sen. Bill Armstrong is one of the co-owners of Cherry Creek Mortgage Co., a family-run home loan provider.
- Fellowship of Catholic University Students v. Sebelius: Fellowship of Catholic University Students is a non-profit Catholic organization serving students at colleges and universities.
- Dobson v. Sebelius: Dr. James Dobson is founder and president of the “Family Talk” radio show and ministry, a Christian non-profit organization.
- Association of Christian Schools International v. Burwell: Joining the Association of Christian Schools International in this lawsuit is Samaritan Ministries International, Taylor University, and Indiana Wesleyan University.
District of Columbia:
- Tyndale House Publishers v. Sebelius: Tyndale House Publishers is one of the world’s largest privately held Christian publishers of books, Bibles, and digital media.
- March for Life v. Burwell: March for Life is a non-profit pro-life organization that holds a peaceful, annual march to the U.S. Supreme Court and Capitol Hill to mark the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision until it is overturned.
- Ave Maria School of Law v. Sebelius: Ave Maria School of Law is a Catholic law school.
- Grace Schools v. Sebelius: Grace College and Seminary in Indiana and Biola University in California are evangelical Christian colleges.
- Grote Industries v. Sebelius: Grote Industries is a family-run auto lighting manufacturer.
- Dordt College v. Burwell: Dordt College in Iowa and Cornerstone University in Michigan are Christian colleges.
- Louisiana College v. Sebelius: Louisiana College is a private, Baptist college.
- Trijicon v. Sebelius: Trijicon is a family business that manufactures sights and scopes for the military, law enforcement, and hunters.
- Midwest Fastener Corp. v. Sebelius: Midwest Fastener Corp. is a family-run fastener supply business.
- Annex Medical v. Sebelius: Annex Medical and Sacred Heart Medical are family-run businesses that design, manufacture, and sell medical devices.
- Sioux Chief Manufacturing v. Burwell: Sioux Chief Manufacturing is a family-run business that produces plumbing products and supplies.
- Randy Reed Automotive v. Burwell: Randy Reed Automotive is a family-run automotive group.
- Southern Nazarene University v. Burwell: Southern Nazarene University, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, Oklahoma Baptist University, and Mid-America Christian University are evangelical Christian universities.
- Geneva College and The Seneca Hardwood Lumber Co. v. Burwell: Geneva College is a Christian college founded in the tradition of the Reformed Presbyterian faith, and The Seneca Hardwood Lumber Co. is a family-run lumber business.
- Conestoga Wood Specialties v. Burwell: Conestoga Wood Specialties is a family-run wholesale manufacturer of custom wood cabinet parts.